A survival strobe light is a must for any survival kit designed for a situation that might find you in trouble, in the dark. One of the most important aspects of survival is being found in a timely manner. An emergency strobe light works when your signal mirror or other daytime signaling devices have stopped.
Though flares are a valuable, and necessary addition to any survival kit, they are short lived and designed for signaling when you have spotted emergency rescue. The MPI Emergency Strobe Light works for long periods of time, even after you may be unable to signal for yourself.
This is a great personal recovery and survival strobe light for all outdoor enthusiasts to include; campers, hikers, rescue personnel, aviators and boaters.
The MPI Emergency Strobe Light emits a pulsing white light that can be seen for up to 4.5 km, flashes for up to 60 hours, is waterproof and operates on a single D cell battery. It is also USCG and SOLAS approved.
- 180° focused plastic dome allows for full impact of 300,000 candle power light source
- Sophisticated electronic package encapsulated within a plastic dome, pulsing Xenon strobe visible for up to 4,5 km
- Gasket sealed lens cover makes the Survival Strobe Light waterproof to up to 4,5 m
- Positive lock sliding on/off switch-easy to use while wearing gloves or in wet conditions
- Built in stainless steel locking pin for affixing to PFD, backpack, jacket, etc.
- Spring assisted inner base plate helps insure constant battery contact during rough use
- Flashes 50 to 70 times per minute for up to 16 hours, will continue to flash at diminished rate up to 60 hours
- The Emergency Survival Strobe Light is powered by one “D” cell alkaline battery for up to 60 hours of use
- The MPI Emergency Strobe Light is an added safety measure for campers, hunters, hikers, car, truck, boat, camper, etc, or anywhere where visibility recognition is critical to your personal safety.